Buying a House in Ireland: A Step by Step Guide by a Builder/Solicitor [Kindle Edition]
Here are some of the things you will learn:
- Why the author is the only solicitor in Ireland with a teleporter licence, and how you benefit.
- Getting started-finding the right property and how to avoid a bad one
- Where to find your property, and the problem with repossessed properties
- What to be wary of at auction
- How to deal with the auctioneer and negotiate the best price
- The problem with buying with a friend
- Rent or buy?
- How to use the internet for research and where to find the actual purchase prices of property in Ireland
- Mortgages, and the new Central Bank regulations in relation to deposits
- The types of mortgage and the difference between a mortgage and charge
- Self build houses and stage payment mortgages-how they work in practice
- The fees to expect in buying your house
- What you need to know about planning issues and your new home
- The critical importance of a structural survey, and why it may save you a fortune
- The problem with pyrite-and how to easily avoid it
- What your surveyor needs to look out for
- Critical questions about planning permission, building regulations, and compliance certificates
- What is conveyancing and what are the stages in a conveyance?
- The 2 types of registration of property ownership in Ireland
- The significance of a “family home” and what is a family home?
- The different types of ownership and why you need to be crystal clear about the difference
- The practical effect of “caveat emptor” when buying a house in Ireland
- Why buying an apartment is different from buying a house
- Why buying a new property is different from second hand property
- The most important thing that you as a buyer must do before signing the contract
- What the vendor’s solicitor does
- What the purchaser’s solicitor does
- The most important thing a purchaser should do before agreeing to buy
- Can a solicitor act for both parties?
- A comprehensive checklist for vendors
- A comprehensive checklist for purchasers
- What is marketable title and why it is so important
- What is the certificate of title system and why it is important for your protection
Bonus chapter: selling your house, how to generate kerb appeal, and get the best price for your house
Don’t have a Kindle? You can read Kindle books on your PC, Mac, tablet, or smartphone. Just download the Kindle reading app here.